Loudoun County (VA) Combined Fire and Rescue chose the Pierce Velocity cab to maximize storage space. This includes multiple compartments for additional gear and equipment. The compartments are organized based on priority so they can grab frequently used tools efficiently.
- Texas ESD Takes Delivery of Pierce Top-Mount Pumper-Tanker
- Video: Pierce Aerial Fire Apparatus Delivery
- Pierce Archive
The Combination HDR features recessed electrical panels to utilize storage space in front of the panel effectively. The walk-in body is temperature controlled. The grab handles on the ceiling allow them to hang equipment and gear to dry. There is also a ladder that folds down from the ceiling to access the escape hatch. This gives the crew easy access to the 3,000-lb anchor points on the roof used in rope applications.
Two 9,000-lb anchor points are mounted on the rear of the vehicle. An air dump has been added to lower the apparatus so the axles are in contact with the frame. This prevents the rig from compensating for the air suspension in winch and rope applications. The front bumper is customized with chain compartments allowing for a grab-and-go setup. It also features a 15,000-lb winch with easy access. The storage box on the driver’s side will be used for other equipment and gives the bumper a clean look.
- Chassis: 84” Velocity® cab with 20” raised roof
- Seating capacity: 5
- Overall height: 11’ 5”
- Overall length: 37’ 8.75”
- GVW rating: 49,800 lb
- Front axle: TAK4® Independent Front Suspension, 22,800 lb
- Rear axle: Meritor RS26-185, 27,000 lb
- Engine: DDC DD13, 505 hp, 1,750 torque
- Electrical: Command Zone™
- Safety: Frontal Impact and Side Roll Protection
- Material: Aluminum
- Shelving: Adjustable, up to 500 lb
- Compartments: Custom equipment storage options
For more information, visit https://www.piercemfg.com/customers/new-deliveries/loudoun-county-department-of-fire-emergency-svc-rescue-33447 .