Take a walk around Texas A&M Engineering Extension Services’ Velocity® Pumper with Allen Huelsebusch from Siddons-Martin Emergency Group. This apparatus will be used to train industrial firefighters from across the world at the Brayton Fire Field in College Station, Texas.
- Strathmore, Canada, to Celebrate New Pumper’s Arrival
- La Plata (MD) Takes Delivery of New Pierce Rescue-Pumper
- Pierce Archive
The 3,000-gpm pump and Husky™ Industrial Foam System allow for the capability to train for industrial firefighting. The 500-gallon water tank and 100-gallon foam tank were also designed for training so that students become experienced with drafting foam from outside sources. Moving to the rear of the apparatus, the lowered hosebed and hard suction storage allow for an accessible layout. The enclosed top-mount pump panel is designed to apply foam accurately with metering controls.
- 84” Velocity® cab with 26” raised roof
- Seating capacity: 4
- Overall height: 10’11”
- Overall length: 36’7”
- GVW rating: 49,800 lb
- Front axle: TAK-4® Independent Front Suspension, 22,800 lb
- Rear axle: Meritor RS26-185, 27,000 lb
- Engine: Detroit DD13, 525 hp, 1,850 torque
- Electrical: Command Zone™ Advanced Electronics System
- Material: Aluminum
- Shelving: Adjustable, up to 500 lb
- Doors: ROM Rollup
- Pump: Darley ZSM, 3,000 gpm
- Tank: 500 gallons
- Foam system: Husky™ Industrial
- Foam cell: 100 gallons
For more information, visit www.piercemfg.com.