SOURCE: NEW JERSEY HERALD
By Fire Apparatus & Emergency Equipment Staff
The Frankford Township (NJ) Fire Department recently moved its fire apparatus from its 70-year-old fire station to a new firehouse featuring four full bays and a fifth two vehicles deep. The surrounding walls feature locker space for firefighters to store their PPE, and there are rooms for meetings and offices, a small kitchen, and equipment storage space.
The fire department had grown out of its previous station, which was purchased in 1948. Over the years it added a second floor to the old structure.
As early as 2004, the Frankford FD began preparing to build a larger facility, which included fundraising, purchasing land for the new station, and designing the new station.