Secaucus, NJ, – Panasonic has announced upgrades to the Panasonic Toughbook 19 convertible tablet PC. The updated Toughbook 19 now comes with an Intel® CoreTM i5-3320M vProTM processor (up to 3.3GHz) with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. Other enhancements include expanded storage, a more responsive touchpad and an innovative ambient light sensor, allowing automatic backlight shut-off to improve battery life.
Panasonic Toughbook® 19: improvements include:
- Upgraded processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3320M vProTM(up to 3.3GHz) with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
- Expanded storage: 500-GB 7,200-rpm hard drive (shock-mounted flex-connect with quick release)
- Improved battery life: 10 percent longer, delivering10 hours per MobileMark 2007 testing on the touch model
- Added connectivity options: USB 3.0 port provides up to 10x faster file transfer speeds
- Increased touchpad responsiveness: Now using Interlink’s VersaPad
- Added ambient light sensor: Allows automatic backlight shut-off to enhance battery life
- Improved battery calibration tool: Now capable of running in the background, allowing simultaneous use of computer
Optional integrated 4G LTE wireless or 3G Gobi mobile broadband is another key feature of the Toughbook 19, allowing workers to stay connected virtually all of the time. Optional GPS technology enables improved accuracy, fast satellite acquisition time and low power consumption. The Toughbook 19 also features Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth® v. 4.0 + EDR (Class 1) and numerous other connectivity options.
With ten hours of battery life, the Toughbook 19 is ready for a full day of work. The computer’s Battery Calibration Tool can now run in the background, allowing users to work while the battery is being calibrated.
The Toughbook 19 withstands a six-foot drop. The device also features a shock-mounted hard drive, full magnesium alloy case and available explosive atmosphere certification (Class 1 Div 2) for hazardous environments. The Toughbook 19’s IP65 certification provides water and dust resistance, enabling field workers to maintain their productivity in challenging scenarios such as heavy rains or sandstorms. In addition, the device has a fanless design unlike other convertible tablets, improving reliability by reducing the opportunity for dust or liquid related ingress issues, typical of challenging works environments. The 10.1-inch XGA touchscreen TransreflectivePlus display with anti-reflective and anti-glare screen treatments, plus a circular polarizing filter, provides an unparalleled outdoor viewing experience, even in direct sunlight.
For more information, visit http://www.toughbook.com.