CHICAGO, IL – Grainger, a broad line distributor of facilities maintenance products, has announced recent enhancements to its KeepStock® suite of inventory management solutions. The updated and expanded portfolio builds on the company’s experience assisting customers with inventory management by providing a variety of solutions that are as unique as a business’ operations.
Grainger’s KeepStock portfolio helps businesses and institutions improve usage and control of products ranging from saw blades to safety glasses to power tools to cleaning supplies. The company first introduced packaged inventory management solutions to the U.S. in 2006 and has continued to evolve and expand the offering based on customer feedback. The updated KeepStock portfolio offers a wide variety of solutions that address very simple needs to highly complex inventory management requirements. KeepStock includes several Customer Managed Inventory (CMI) options that allow customers to better manage inventory themselves and Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) solutions in which Grainger assists with ordering and put away.
Recent KeepStock portfolio enhancements include:
- KeepStock Label – A low tech, low-cost solution that allows customers to print informative labels directly from Grainger.com to help identify, organize and manage inventory. Businesses can also create online inventory lists for faster identification of materials and simple reordering.
- KeepStock Scan –Through this solution, customers manage their own inventory with a Grainger provided scanner and labels. The solution offers online reporting that details order history so customers can easily analyze their purchasing behavior. KeepStock Scan also gives customers access to a dedicated Grainger KeepStock Specialist to support their ongoing needs.
- KeepStock Mobile – A mobile solution that utilizes Grainger-provided scanning software to help customers manage inventory that moves, such as supplies in a service truck or van.
- KeepStock Secure – Best known as a “dispensing” solution, KeepStock Secure features an optimized vending machine with carousel technology that allows for significantly more product to be stored at one time. Grainger provides complete project management of the machine implementation, including planning, transportation, installation, onsite training and replenishment services.
- KeepStock Onsite – A Grainger representative visits a customer’s facility to scan and maintain inventory onsite. The solution is integrated with Grainger.com so orders can be placed in real-time.
Grainger also offers KeepStock Track, a barcode inventory control system, and KeepStock Store, a Grainger operated and fully stocked branch located onsite at a customer’s facility. Many of the solutions across the portfolio also include detailed activity reporting capabilities illustrating purchase order history.
To learn more about Grainger’s KeepStock suite of inventory management solutions, visit www.grainger.com/KeepStock