Layering system now used extensively by all branches of US military and top workwear manufacturers.
For over 50 years, flame resistant (FR) garments have been bulky and heavy with no breathability and flame protection that can degrade over time. Polartec®, launched a total layering system of flame resistant (FR) fabrics in 2009 designed to work together and keep you safe, warm and comfortable in a wide range of conditions. Polartec FR fabrics fabrics are now available in collections of workwear, tactical and safety brands.
“For over a decade, we’ve worked very closely with the US Military, using our expertise in outdoor apparel to create new fabrics specifically for soldiers in the field,” states Michael Batson, Polartec’s Global FR Business Manager. “We were asked to develop high performance flame resistant clothing for use in layered systems, and this technology is now used extensively in industrial and safety applications for consumers.”
Polartec FR fabrics are now available in collections from Big Bill, True North, Tyndale, Bulwark, Charles Parsons, Flower Gloves, Workrite, 782 Gear, Alpinestars and Gibson & Barnes.
Polartec FR fabrics offer protection against arc flash and flash fire hazards and are designed for high performance as a stand-alone garment or as part of a layering system.
• Polartec® Power Dry® FR fabrics are odor resistant and provide all-day next-to-skin comfort through a patented knit construction that dramatically improves comfort by transporting moisture away from the skin and pulling it to the outer surface where it can dry quickly.
• Polartec® Power Stretch® FR is a unique hybrid fabric suitable as a cold weather base layer or as an only layer that offers wind and abrasion resistance, four-way stretch for freedom of movement, and moisture management and breathability to keep you warm and dry.
• Polartec® Thermal® FR fabrics feature a durable velour construction that offers superior warmth without weight and outstanding breathability to regulate body temperature, making for a versatile and comfortable mid layer or outer layer.
• Polartec® Wind Pro® FR fabrics are four times more wind resistant than traditional fleece and offer exceptional breathability and a high warmth-to-weight ratio in a unique, lightweight package that sheds rain and snow.
• Polartec® Power Shield® FR is a new product category for FR apparel – a patented, flame resistant version of the Polartec soft shell fabric that reinvented technical outerwear by offering a unique combination of water resistance, thermal insulation and breathability for active comfort.
Polartec FR fabrics are inherently flame resistant, tested in both in-house and independent state-of-the-art laboratories, and pass relevant industry certifications.
About Polartec, LLC
Polartec, LLC is the developer, manufacturer and marketer of Polartec® performance fabrics. Polartec® products range from lightweight wicking base layers, to insulation layers, to extreme weather protection and are utilized by the best clothing brands in the world. In addition, Polartec® fabrics are used extensively by all branches of the United States military including the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Special Operations Forces.
For more information, visit Polartec.com