Truck 42, a Pierce Velocity 100-foot aerial platform, features Pierce’s new idle reduction system, resulting in increased fuel efficiency and reduced emissions. The new rig replaces a nearly 20-year-old truck.
- Rochester Fire Department Takes Delivery of Pierce Aerial Platform with New Idle Reduction Technology
- Cleveland (NY) VFD Unveils Distinctive Fire Apparatus
- Pierce Archive
The idle reduction system allows the fire apparatus’s main diesel engine to shut down during service calls. When the engine is not running, power needs will be met with a combination of lithium-ion and lead-acid batteries with a capacity to run for about an hour. The department predicts using this system will reduce fuel consumption by about 50 percent per year.
- CHASSIS: Velocity®
- BODY: 100′ Heavy-Duty Platform
- ACTUAL OVERALL HEIGHT: 12’6″
- ENGINE: 600-hp Cummins X15
- FRONT SUSPENSION: Leaf
- REAR SUSPENSION: Air
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: Command Zone™
- GENERATOR 10-kW Onan Hydraulic
For more information, visit https://www.piercemfg.com/customers/new-deliveries/rochester-fire-department-aerial-34070.