MILWAUKEE, Wisc. – REV Group (NYSE: REVG), a $2.4 billion manufacturer of industry-leading specialty vehicle brands and leading provider of parts and services, announced today the launch of the KME PROTM Series Rescue Pumper – a multi-purpose response vehicle – featuring a newly engineered operator panel with ergonomically designed manual controls, increased pump operator safety features and ultimate equipment carrying capacity.
The KME PROTM Series packs a 1,500 GPM single stage pump with a 750-gallon water tank and 25-gallon foam cell with provision for foam system installation. The 204” Extra-Long PROTM body is constructed of 3/16” aluminum, equipped with roof compartments, stokes basket storage, Lock-N-LoadTM hose bed cover and roll-up doors, as well as backboard and pike pole storage.
The benefits of the new PROTM Rescue Pumper configuration include:
• Ergonomically engineered manual control panel – new design with vertical swing and push-pull handles reduces complexity, increases reliability, optimizes operator pump training time and is overall easier to use – resulting in significantly increased operator efficiency and reduced cost of ownership
• Relocated pump operator connections – positioned adjacent to the pump operator, provides safer operator area
• Redesigned service access – allows easy access to the pump from both sides of body without lifting the cab
• 200” Wheelbase – provides maneuverable turning radius to operate in tight conditions
• 534 cubic feet of compartment space – capable of carrying the equivalent of a large rescue body full of tools and equipment
“We saw the need for a rescue pumper that offered all the amenities and features for which the PROTM Series is known, with the added benefits of a control panel design that would improve operator use, safety and serviceabilty,” said Ryan Slane, Pumper/Tanker Product Manager, KME. “By offering the PROTM Series with the new manual control configuration, we are able to provide a solution that simplifies operation and provides lower cost of ownership.”
For more information on the KME PROTM visit our website at www.kmefire.com/product/stock-and-demo/pumper/pro.
About REV Group
REV (REVG) is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services. REV serves a diversified customer base primarily in the United States through three segments: Fire & Emergency, Commercial and Recreation. REV provides customized vehicle solutions for applications including: essential needs (ambulances, fire apparatus, school buses, mobility vans and municipal transit buses), industrial and commercial (terminal trucks, cut-away buses and street sweepers) and consumer leisure (recreational vehicles (“RVs”) and luxury buses). REV’s brand portfolio consists of 29 well-established principal vehicle brands including many of the most recognizable names within our served markets. Several of REV’s brands pioneered their specialty vehicle product categories and date back more than 50 years. Investors-REVG