Jefferson City (MO) Council members approved a $588,000 renovation project for Station 4, reports newstribune.com.
Under the plan, work is scheduled to be completed on the building—located at 820 Ellis Blvd. and which opened in 1969—by the beginning of November.
Of the $588,000 needed for the renovation, about $322,220 has been allocated from leftover funds from Station 2. The rest, officials noted, could be available through sales tax F money.
Officials noted the renovations would include:
- Expanding the back of the station for a storm shelter and fitness room.
- Creating an ADA-compliant bathroom.
- Adding partitions in the bunkroom for increased privacy.
- Adding a designated office space.
- Updating electrical services for increased reliability and future solar power options.
- Creating a decontamination area for gear.
- Adding storage.
Jefferson City (MO) Fire Apparatus Fleet
Jefferson City (MO) Fire Department Adds Five Rosenbauer Pumpers and Two Aerials
Video: Jefferson City (MO) Fire Department 101-Foot Cobra Platform