Fire Engineering and International Society for Fire Service Instructors (ISFSI) are seeking nominations for the 2019 George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award. This award is presented every year at the Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC) International in Indianapolis. Next year’s convention will be held from April 8-13.
Ths award recognizes individuals for extraordinary accomplishments in fire service training. The winner of the George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award
- will have displayed a deep commitment to furthering the cause of the fire service through training;
- will have advanced the cause of firefighter operational effectiveness and safety;
- will have gone above and beyond the call of duty in training;
- will have brought creativity and innovation to fire training programs, or will have shown great persistence in pursuing an innovative program; and
- will have served as a positive model for other fire instructors and firefighters throughout the country.
To nominate someone, please download this PDF (691 KB). Nominations must be received by December 31, 2018. Send them to Diane Rothschild, George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award, Fire Engineering, 21-00 Route 208 South, Fair Lawn, NJ 07410-2602. email@example.com.
More about the ISFSI at https://www.isfsi.org/