The Frisco Fire Department unveiled its newly purchased fire truck which features a Dallas Cowboys paint scheme, reports Community Impact Newspaper.
The Pierce Ascendant 100-foot Aerial Mid-Mount Ladder Truck is the first in the state. Truck 3 made its Frisco debut during the Christmas at the Star event. The vehicle features a 2,000-gallons-per-minute water pump and a 2,000 GPM waterway and carries both water and firefighting foam.
- Pierce and Fotokite Establish Exclusive Alliance
- Charleston (WV) Fire Department to Purchase Two Pierce Arrow XT Pumpers
- Special Delivery: Pierce Builds Three PUC Pumpers, Two 107-Foot Ascendant PUC Quints for Fort Worth (TX) Fire Department
The truck was purchased for $1.47 million, with funding coming from the city’s 2015 voter approved bond package.
- CHASSIS Velocity®
- BODY 100′ Ascendant® Heavy-Duty Aerial Tower
- ACTUAL OVERALL HEIGHT 10’10”
- ENGINE Cummins X12
- HORSEPOWER 500 hp
- FRONT SUSPENSION TAK-4® Independent Front Suspension
- REAR SUSPENSION Air
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM Command Zone™
- FOAM SYSTEM Husky™ 12
- PUMP Waterous Midship
- PUMP GPM 2000 gpm
- TANK Foam/Water
- TANK SIZE 250 gallons
For more information, visit www.piercemfg.com.