WHAT: Members of FDNY, firefighters from around the country and grateful citizens will honor firefighters who died in the line of duty at the first National Stair Climb for Fallen Firefighters. Participants will climb 2,220 steps in Citi Field, symbolizing the 110 stories that FDNY firefighters climbed in the World Trade Center on 9/11.
WHO: Organized by FDNY and the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) and presented by United Technologies. The event is open to the public and to all ages.
WHEN: Saturday, October 10, 2015. Order of Events:
- 7:30 a.m.: Onsite registration and check-in for preregistered climbers.
- 8:40 a.m.: Ceremony begins and includes:
- FDNY Ceremonial Honor Guard and Bagpipes.
- Kix Brooks singing Only In America Live.
- Remarks from FDNY Commissioner Daniel Nigro, NFFF Executive Director Ron Siarnicki, Retired FDNY Firefighter Ray Pfiefer, and special guests.
- 9:05 a.m.: Climb begins.
WHERE: Citi Field, New York City
The fundraising event will benefit programs that assist the families of fallen firefighters and provide counseling to firefighters and their families following tragic events.
For additional information and pre-event registration, visit http://nationalstairclimb.org.