After a 2,000 mile trip from the Midwest Fire factory, Castine (ME) Fire and Rescue’s new tanker-pumper was recently placed in service.
It features a 3,000-gallon tank and a 1,000-gpm pump. It is built on an International cab and chassis.
- Recent Delivery: Savage (MN) Fire Department Midwest Fire Tanker
- Midwest Fire Named Winner in 50 Best Places to Work 2020 Contest
- Midwest Fire Archive
To help pay for the new fire apparatus, the department received an approximately $300,000 AFG grant. The grant stipulated a 5% match from the town.
The new truck replaces a 1983 tanker that was fabricated by members of the department. It was originally built on a Cevy truck chassis and rechassied on a Freightliner chassis in the 1990s.
Other specs for the new truck include:
- International HV-607 Chassis
- NFPA Compliant, 3,000-Gallon POLYPROPYLENE Tank. (Lifetime Warranty)
- Hale MBP 1000 PTO Pump
- Side Control Pump Configuration
- Zico Electric Portable Tank Carrier and 3,000-Gallon Portable Tank
- Kussmaul Air and Battery Conditioner w/ Auto Eject
- Whelen LED Warning Light Package & Siren/Speaker
- Rear View Safety Camera
For more information, visit https://midwestfire.com/delivery/3040/.