01 / 03
02 / 03
03 / 03
This 1939 Chevrolet pumper was used at many WRFAA annual musters and festivals, and it was in full operating condition, pumping from draft in 12 seconds at muster contests. It is shown here on display at Fire Prevention Week at the Beldon Village Mall, North Canton, OH, in 1983.
Shown during Fire Prevention Week at the Beldon Village Mall, North Canton, OH, in 1983, this fire apparatus is now privately owned by a local business and runs on the original 1939 Chevy motor.
This 1939 Chevrolet/1.5 ton fire apparatus with 500 F-M American-Marsh pump and 500-gallon tank was restored by Bob Studer in 1978. It was the very first engine for the Richville (OH) Volunteer Fire Department in 1948, shop-built by the members. Studer bought it in 1977, restored it, and sold it back to Richville in 1984. It is now privately owned by a local business, and runs on the original 1939 Chevy motor. Photos courtesy of Bob Studer.