Warren Engine Co. No. 1 (NV) Celebrates 150 Years of Service

This summer, Warren Engine Co. No. 1 celebrates 150 years of serving Carson City (NV).

It outlived several other volunteer agencies in its early years and is one of the oldest continuously serving volunteer fire departments on the West Coast, according to the fire company’s 150-anniversary history.

Artifacts and trucks from the company and the city’s other early volunteer forces are on display at its museum in Carson City Fire Station No. 1, 777 S. Stewart St.

Carson City was a fiery city as were many towns in the booming western United States of the 1800s. Buildings were built quickly with the materials at hand, often flammable ones.

In 1913, the Warren Engine Company celebrated its 50th anniversary and purchased a Seagrave chemical-hose combination truck, believed to be the first piece of motorized fire equipment in Nevada. In 1927, the Nevada Legislature funded a 1927 Seagrave truck that was small enough to maneuver on the Capitol grounds.

Both trucks are in the museum, along with other non-motorized pieces. The museum also holds photos of Carson City fires, hats, tanks, nozzles, hoses, photos, pennants, shirts, coats, lights, goggles and truck parts.

For more information, view www.rgj.com


No posts to display