SNYDER, NE—Smeal Fire Apparatus Co. has announced that the company has signed an agreement with Danko Emergency Equipment Co. to sell and market Danko’s entire line of fire apparatus, skid units and ultra-high and high-pressure foam systems. Under this agreement, Smeal will be responsible for North American marketing, sales, and service. Smeal’s entire dealer network is now the exclusive distribution arm for Danko® products. In addition, Danko will continue as a full-line Smeal dealer, including UST® and Ladder Tower™ apparatus, in Nebraska, Kansas, southern South Dakota, and western and central Iowa.
“We have always had an excellent working relationship with our long-time friends and neighbors at Danko Emergency Equipment. This expanded relationship offers both companies unique opportunities. It allows Smeal and our dealers to offer in-demand products to our customers and meet more of their needs. And, for Danko, it allows it to leverage the strength of Smeal’s newly expanded North American distribution network and provide enhanced local service,” says Mark Huber, Smeal’s President.
Danko’s product line includes:
- 1,500- to 5,000-gallon tankers/tenders in wetside, dryside, and elliptical configurations
- Mini pumpers and quick attacks
- Light/medium rescues with eight- to 14-foot bodies lengths
- Wildland flatbeds with skids units from 50- to 500-gallon capacities
- Airport Rapid Intervention Vehicles (RIVs), Classes 1, 2, and 3
- Industrial in-plant fire and rescue vehicles
- Ultra-high and high-pressure fire suppression pump systems
“Our specialty has always been the ability to engineer highly reliable “get-it-done” fire apparatus and technologies at a very attractive price. Our products work as hard as the people who use them. We’re excited by the expanded sales and service opportunities that working with Smeal and its dealers will bring to our company and employees,” says Daniel Kreikemeier, Danko’s president and CEO.
For more information, visit www.smeal.com and www.danko.net.