Neighbor Helps Walpole NH Fire Apparatus Stuck in Mud

A fire truck heading to a house fire on March Hill Road got stuck in the home’s long, muddy driveway until a neighbor came to the rescue.



Fire Chief Richard Hurlburt said the neighbor brought his skidder to help.

The two-alarm fire destroyed about 80 percent of the structure, the chief said.

He said the cause of the fire was “an improperly installed wood stove.”



A neighbor reported the fire around 8:30 a.m.

It took 40 minutes for about 35 firefighters from Walpole and Bellows Falls and Westminster (VT) to bring the fire under control.

 Hurlburt said they likely could have prevented about half the damage if the fire engine could have gotten up the 1,100-foot driveway faster.

For more information, view www.unionleader.com

No posts to display