Maynard (MA) Receives Grant for Fire Equipment

The Maynard Fire Department has received a $168,000 grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, according to Fire Chief Anthony Stowers.

The money will be used to purchase up-to-date self-contained breathing apparatus. The federal agency will fund 95 percent of the cost, with the town contributing the remaining 5 percent.

“This grant allows us to ensure our firefighters are protected with the best possible protective equipment as they work to serve the community,” Stowers said in an announcement on the grant.

For more information, view www.bostonglobe.com

 

No posts to display