FA013012-Freeport Grant

Grant Helps Department Replace Apparatus
 
FREETOWN— The Fire Department received good news this week when it was notified it will receive a federal grant that will largely cover the $75,000 cost of buying a new forest patrol vehicle.
According to Fire Chief Gary Silvia, the grant will be used to replace the 1968 Kaiser Jeep brush truck the town has been using for forest-related tasks.
The grant stipulates that the federal government will pay for 95 percent, or $71,250, of the project’s total cost of $75,000, and that the town will pay the remaining 5 percent, or $3,750.

Click HERE for more information.

No posts to display