OCALA, FL—E-ONE was recently awarded a contract for 18 custom eMAX™ fire trucks from the United States Air Force.
The 18 eMAX pumpers are top-mount apparatus on Typhoon® chassis with long cabs. The pumpers will feature 1,250-gpm capability, 500-gallon water tanks and 30-gallon integral foam cells.
E-ONE debuted the top-mount eMAX configuration on a commercial chassis during the FDIC 2013 and has received significant interest in the design since its debut because of its expansive storage space on a traditional top-mount configuration.
“Our customers will benefit from the unique advantages that the eMAX top-mount configuration provides – the enhanced visibility of the top mount design combined with a narrow 22” wide pump operator’s panel, compact 206” wheelbase, lower pre-connected hand lines, as well as the vast amount of compartment storage space available,” says R.J. Jones, E-ONE’s U.S. Government & Airport Products sales manager.
For more information, visit www.E-ONE.com.
Many fire departments require a reliable and safe cab in a value conscience package. The Typhoon exceeds expectations with our high-strength, extruded aluminum framework and 3/16″ thick outer shell. The structural integrity of the Typhoon matches that of similar E-ONE products and meets the ECE R-29 crash worthiness standard.
- Redesigned engine cover allows all fluids to be checked and filled from inside the cab
- New high-velocity A/C and heating unit provides extensive cab airflow and coverage
- Improved cab space and ergonomics increase comfort and simplify cab entry and exit
- 3/16″ thick skin, roof and floor for maximum occupant protection and corrosion resistance
- 45º front wheel cut
- Multiplex electrical system for superior reliability and ease of maintenance
- Available 58″ and 67.5″ cab rear lengths
- Raised roof (12″) in the rear crew compartment
- 8-man seating in flat roof configuration