OCALA, FL—E-ONE and Carrier Centers were recently awarded an order for nine custom pumpers from the Toronto Fire Department, which serves the fourth largest city in North America and employs approximately 3,000 fire service personnel.
“We are very honored the City of Toronto and the Toronto fire service trust in both Carrier and E-ONE for their first responder apparatus needs,” says Dave Purdie, Carrier Centers apparatus consultant. “From our focus on providing excellent customer service to E-ONE’s commitment to quality, these custom pumpers will meet, if not exceed, Toronto’s expectations.”
The side-mount pumpers feature stainless steel bodies on E-ONE Typhoon® chassis with severe-duty interiors, side air bags, 450-hp Cummins® ISL engines and Allison transmissions. These pumpers also offer V-Mux® multiplexing, roll-up doors, Whelen LED lighting, Waterous pumps, and multiple shelves and pull-out trays.
“As we continue to focus on providing both an industry-leading customer experience and product quality, we look forward to working with large cities such as Toronto to meet their challenging and unique needs,” says Jay Johnson, E-ONE’s vice president of Sales and Product Management.
For more information, visit www.E-ONE.com.
Many fire departments require a reliable and safe cab in a value conscience package. The Typhoon exceeds expectations with our high-strength, extruded aluminum framework and 3/16″ thick outer shell. The structural integrity of the Typhoon matches that of similar E-ONE products and meets the ECE R-29 crash worthiness standard.
- Redesigned engine cover allows all fluids to be checked and filled from inside the cab
- New high-velocity A/C and heating unit provides extensive cab airflow and coverage
- Improved cab space and ergonomics increase comfort and simplify cab entry and exit
- 3/16″ thick skin, roof and floor for maximum occupant protection and corrosion resistance
- 45º front wheel cut
- Multiplex electrical system for superior reliability and ease of maintenance
- Available 58″ and 67.5″ cab rear lengths
- Raised roof (12″) in the rear crew compartment
- 8-man seating in flat roof configuration