Application Period for Assistance to Firefighters Grants Opens Monday, June 11 at 8 AM EST
Application Deadline: Friday, July 6, 2012, 5 p.m. Eastern Time
Who is eligible to apply?
- Fire departments (career, volunteer, and combination)
- Nonaffiliated emergency medical service (EMS) providers
- What items are eligible for grant funding?
- Operations and Safety Projects: Training, equipment, personal protective equipment, modifications to facilities, wellness and safety projects
- Vehicle Acquisition Projects: Firefighting and EMS vehicles
- Regional Projects (benefiting multiple departments): Training, equipment, personal protective equipment
Funding Priorities: See the AFG Program Guidance and Application Kit for a description of the funding priorities for FY 2012.
Questions? Call the AFG Help Desk toll-free at 1-866-274-0960 or contact AFG staff members by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also visit http://www.fema.gov/firegrants/afggrants/index.shtm.