1927 Fire Truck Donated to Michigan Firehouse Museum

Flint (MI) is donating a 1927 American LaFrance fire truck to the Michigan Firehouse Museum. The 22-foot-long, 13,000 pound vehicle is described as being “in remarkable shape.”

The state museum features more than 60 fire trucks, which orate three times a year at the 10-year-old museum.

The Flint truck was first received by the town in 2005, when a Metamora resident wanted to make a donation toward the Flint Firefighters Historical Society. Plans for a museum to honor the history of the city’s fire department dissolved when the economy turned downward. Then a break-in the building that housed the vehicle in late 2011 led the owner of the building to request its removal by June 2011.

Plans are in the works to reveal the truck after some restoration efforts at the July 27-28 Great Lakes International Antique Fire Apparatus Association’s Annual Antique Fire Engine Muster in Frankenmuth.

For more information, view www.mlive.com

No posts to display