A 1917 Model T has been refurbished for the McDonald (OH) Fire Department, reports theepochtimes.com.
In rough shape, the engine was decommissioned for many years. Now-retired chief Todd Stitt enlisted the help of local mechanic Larry Manaro to fix her up. With assistance from Kevin Prus, Pro Image Sign Company in Youngstown, and Snyder’s Antique Parts, it took an entire year to refurbish.
The engine was originally a donation to McDonald from Carnegie Steel in 1920 to establish the department.