This is Alameda County (CA) Fire’s Arrow XT Pumper with General Services Manager Pete Pegadiotes providing a rundown of the rig. Due to the electrical hazard that is associated with the Alameda, California area, this rig is equipped with wooden ladders, ensuring safety for all crew members. The department also continued with the use of the Husky 3 Foam System and large storage compartments on the pumper due to success in the past.
- Video: Jeffersonville (IN) Fire Department Dash CF Pumper
- Apparatus Ideas: Levittown (NY) Returns to TDA with New Aerial Purchase
- Pierce Archive
Standardizing these two features throughout all their rigs allows for engineers and crew members to always know where controls and equipment is. Throughout the rig, 12-volt lighting is used, which eliminates the use of a generator and cuts down on the overall cost.
- CHASSIS: Arrow XT™
- ACTUAL OVERALL HEIGHT 9’3″
- ENGINE: 525-hp Detroit DD13
- FRONT SUSPENSION: Spring
- REAR SUSPENSION: Air
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: Command Zone™
- FOAM SYSTEM: Husky™ 3
- PUMP 1,500-gpm Waterous Midship
- TANK: Foam
- TANK SIZE: 500 gallons
For more information, visit https://www.piercemfg.com/customers/new-deliveries/alameda-county-fire-department-pumper-34048.