Tim Olk was on location at a two-alarm fire in Beecher, Illinois, and took these photos of Monee (IL) Fire Rescue’s Tower 55.
Tower 55 is a Pierce rear-mount aerial platform built on a Pierce Arrow XT cab and chassis and was delivered in 2018.
Specs on the rig include:
- CHASSIS: Arrow XT™
- BODY: 100’ Heavy-Duty Steel Aerial Platform
- ACTUAL OVERALL HEIGHT: 12’3″
- ENGINE: 525-hp Detroit DD13
- FRONT SUSPENSION: TAK-4® Independent Front Suspension
- PUMP: 1,500-gpm Pierce PUC™
- TANK SIZE: 400 gallons
- GENERATOR: 10-kW Harrison Hydraulic
For more information, visit https://www.piercemfg.com/customers/new-deliveries/monee-fire-protection-district-aerial-31411.