MONROE, NC—Scott Safety, a Tyco business, has launched the new EZ-Scape Pro™ Integrated Self-Rescue Belt. Based on feedback from firefighters, Scott Safety designed the EZ-Scape Pro to improve performance and provide greater versatility on the fireground.
The new Scott Safety EZ-Scape Pro is lighter, quicker to deploy and is equipped with an NFPA 1983 rated attachment point. Offered in a one-size-fits-most configuration, the belt works seamlessly with the Scott Air-Pak X3 SCBA. It fits and adjusts in the same manner as the current waist strap of the Air-Pak X3 SCBA, yet in a more comfortable, stronger, and versatile configuration. When coupled with the Scott Multi-Use Ladder Strap, the EZ-Scape Pro can be used for a multitude of applications including downed firefighter carries, no-rope bailout, lowering, and as a ladder strap.
EZ-Scape Pro Key Features:
- Available as a belt-only configuration allowing firefighters to utilize their SCBA as a rated attachment point for their own personal escape bail-out system, as an attachment point for a ladder belt, or can be utilized for a variety of other functions with the multi-use ladder strap.
- Provides an NFPA 1983 rated attachment point (minimum 13 kN or 3,034 pounds static load) that can be utilized in a variety of fireground situations.
- Belt-only configuration fits and adjusts in the same manner as the existing Air-Pak X3 SCBA waist strap, yet is more comfortable, stronger and versatile.
- One of the lightest, fully integrated escape systems on the market with a one-size-fits-most belt (adjustable from 28”-56”).
- Compliant with NFPA 1981, 2013 edition when worn with a Scott Air-Pak X3 SCBA, as well as NFPA 1983, 2012 edition.
- Available with the new Lightning GT hook, one of the lightest, most versatile anchor hooks available.
- Double-pull design allows for quick and easy donning of SCBA, ensuring a secure and uniform fit of the waist belt; new side-release buckles mirror current Air-Pak design, ensuring quick and easy doffing.
For more information, visit www.scottsafety.com.