Pittsburgh, PA. – MSA’s new, innovative device for emergency egress, the Rescue Belt II System, allows firefighters trapped in a building’s upper level to rappel to safety. Ergonomically-contoured Ara-Shield rescue belt pouch easily stores your rope, descender, hook or carabiner. Rescue Belt II System is compatible with all MSA pouches, including ExtendAire™ II and Quick-Fill® Systems. System meets NFPA 1983-2006 edition for Fire Service Life Safety Rope and System Components.
- Pouch flap can be opened for rapid deployment of hook and descender in single-handed action
- Rope lumbar pad is ergonomically contoured for ease of handling and is designed for improved comfort.
- Pouch constructed of durable Ara-Shield material also used in firefighter turnout gear.
- Structural waist belt automatically centers around user for ease of use during egress.
- Crosby hook or carabiner with sewn-in rope connection provides enhanced strength compared to securing with knot.
- Choice of rope includes custom MSA aramid/nylon rescue rope or FireTech 32 rescue rope.
- Rescue Belt II System includes low profile steel D-ring that can be used as positioning attachment.
- Marker at last 10-ft and 15-ft of rope gives upcoming rope end heads-up to users.
- Releasable termination knot at rope end easily releases under load, even with gloved hands.
- Maximum weight capacity of individual and equipment is 310 lbs.
- Quick-release system to allow users to drop SCBA during emergency situations.
- No special tools or training required to properly pack rope into pouch.
For more information, visit http://www.msanet.com