This St. Petersburg, Florida, unit is one of three Impel® pumpers. Fire Lieutenant Todd Gordon explains the features of this clean cab design apparatus. The interior surfaces of the cab are smooth to help in keeping the cab clean. Carbon filters in the HVAC system and Command Zone™ are programmed to tell the department when service is needed help keep the air clean.
- Cottleville (MO) Fire Protection District Orders Four Pierce Pumpers and an Aerial Platform
- Crestview (FL) Takes Delivery of New Rig
- Pierce Archive
The extended cab storage is designed for a locker that allows four firefighters to get dressed at the same time and with drop down SCBA bottle storage to keep dirty gear out of the cab. The shortened wheelbase of the apparatus also allows for increased maneuverability on their alleyways and downtown areas. Having increased compartment space around the apparatus allows them to maintain a clean cab design and hold extra equipment.
- Chassis: 60” Impel cab with 10” raised roof with a 24” transverse cab extension
- Seating capacity: 4
- Overall height: 10’4”
- Overall length: 34’1.5”
- GVW rating: 43,500 lb
- Front axle: Meritor FL-943, 19,500 lb
- Rear axle: Meritor RS24-160, 24,000 lb
- Engine: Cummins L9, 450 hp, 1250 torque
- Electrical: Command Zone Advanced Electronics System
- Material: Aluminum
- Shelving: Adjustable, up to 500 lb
- Doors: AMDOR Roll-up
- Pump: Waterous, 1,500-gpm
- Water Tank: 500 gallons
Job No: 34610
Dealership: Ten-8 Fire Equipment
For more information, visit www.piercemfg.com.