A Sparks fire station was shut down for decontamination after a firefighter tested positive for COVID-19, reports This is Reno.
Firefighters were in California due to fighting wildfires and three came home with symptoms. A fire department spokesperson said the state’s guidance allows healthcare providers to work even if they have been exposed to COVID-19.
A firefighter then tested positive and led to the shutting down of the fire station. The department allegedly did not have a COVID-19 plan in place.