The Salem (NH) Fire Department welcomed a new pumper to it station with a traditional push-in ceremony. The truck was blessed as part of the ceremony.
Salem voters approved purchasing the truck in 2019. The purchase price was $750,221. It replaces a rig purchased in 2000. It has a 1,000-gallon tank and a 1,500-gpm pump and foam system.
Other specifications include:
- Chassis: Impel®
- Body: Pumper
- Actual Overall Height: 11’1″
- Engine: 450-hp Cummins L9
- Front Suspension: TAK-4® Independent Front Suspension
- Rear Suspension: Spring
- Electrical System: Command Zone™
- Foam System: Husky™ 3
- Pump: Waterous Midship 1,500-gpm
- Tank: 1,000 gallons
For more information, visit https://www.piercemfg.com/customers/new-deliveries/salem-fire-department-pumper-34490.