Barrington Countryside (IL) Fire Protection District’s Deputy Chief Nick Asta gives you a tour of the department’s Enforcer 61’ Heavy-Duty Sky-Boom. This vehicle was designed with a shorter wheelbase to get into the tight spaces. A Husky 12 Foam System and 30-gallon foam cell were added to flow enough foam to use the water on the vehicle. A generator was also added to be able to operate lighting and tools.
- Charleston (SC) Fire Department Orders Second Pierce Ascendant 100’ Heavy-Duty Aerial Tower
- Hall County (GA) Fire Services to Standardize Fleet with Order of Nine New Pierce Fire Apparatus
- Pierce Archive
To standardize the fleet, the compartments were designed to store tools similar to their other apparatus. A multi-camera system was added to the Sky-Boom for more accuracy and quicker deployment. Multiple screens were added to the vehicle so they can operate the Sky-Boom with more visibility. This vehicle will be multi-purpose and will be used for ALS response and aerial master stream.
- Chassis: Enforcer™
- Body: Sky-Boom
- Actual Overall Height: 12′ 2″
- Engine: 450-hp Cummins L9
- Front Suspension: TAK-4® Independent Front Suspension
- Rear Suspension: Spring
- Electrical System: Command Zone™
- Foam System: Husky™ 12
- Pump: Hale 2,000-gpm Midship
- Tank Size: 750 gallons
- Generator: 3-kW
For more information, visit https://www.piercemfg.com/customers/new-deliveries/barrington-countryside-fire-protection-district-aerial-34310.