Captain Mark Misek walks around the Wichita (KS) Fire Department’s Velocity walk-in heavy-duty rescue truck. The rig will specifically be used for technical rescues. The custom compartments throughout the apparatus allow for a large variety of equipment to be stored for different deployments. Because of the severe weather in Wichita, a roller system and 9,000-pound straight line pole anchors were added to the apparatus so the department can deploy boat assets.
- CHASSIS: Velocity®
- BODY: Walk-In Rescue
- ACTUAL OVERALL HEIGHT: 11’8″
- ENGINE: 600-hp Cummins X15
- FRONT SUSPENSION: TAK-4® Independent Front Suspension
- REAR SUSPENSION: Air
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: Command Zone™
- GENERATOR: 25-kW Onan PTO-driven
For more information, visit https://www.piercemfg.com/customers/new-deliveries/wichita-fire-department-rescue-33970.