Sergeant Michael Osborne walks around Jeffersonville (IN) Fire Department’s Dash CF pumper. The options that were decided for this rig were designed to better suit the rural terrain of Jeffersonville.
- Video: Pierce Velocity 100-Foot Platform
- Lucas (TX) Fire Rescue 2019 Pierce Enforcer PUC Pumper
- Pierce Archive
The apparatus is equipped with a PUC pump and the department has always been pleased with the capabilities due to the amount of storage it frees up on the apparatus. To deal with the water supply issues of the rural area, the department has placed a 750-gallon tank along with Hercules CAFS, complementing the Husky 3 Foam System. On top of the rig, troughs were added to the hatch compartments because the station responds to hazardous material calls, specific equipment.
- Chassis: 70” Dash® CF cab 11” raised roof
- Seating capacity: 5
- GVW rating: 49,950 lb
- Front axle: TAK-4® Independent Front Suspension, 22,800 lb
- Rear axle: Meritor RS30-185, 31,000 lb
- Engine: Cummins L9, 450 hp, 1,250 torque
- Safety: Side Roll and Frontal Impact Protection
- Electrical: Command Zone™ Advanced Electronics System
- Material: Aluminum
- Shelving: Adjustable, up to 500 lb
- Doors: AMDOR Roll-Up
- Pump: PUC™, 1,500 gpm
- Tank: 750 gallons
- Foam system: Husky™ 3
- Foam cell: 20 gallons
- Foam system: Hercules™ CAFS
For more information, visit https://www.piercemfg.com/customers/new-deliveries/jeffersonville-fire-department-pumper-33415.