Santa Barbara, CA—The CMC and Harken Industrial CLUTCH is intuitively designed for ease of operation and optimal descent control. This multipurpose device was designed and engineered in collaboration by two companies with a collective 90-year history in rope management under heavy loads: CMC, a company with roots in rescue and rope access, and Harken Industrial, a manufacturing company with roots in high-performance sailing.
The CLUTCH is a versatile device that enables the technical rope professional to do more with less. Additional notable features on this device include:
- Single wearable tool suited for efficient hauling, controlled lowering, smooth personal descent, easy ascending and belaying.
- Stainless steel ratcheting and rotating sheave that provide efficient and audible progress capture.
- Rope loading/unloading is secured with an innovative double-latched side plate design that is independent of the device‘s attachment point.
- Anti-panic brake and force limiting features ensure operational safety and overload protection.
- Machined aluminum chassis clad with stainless steel wear guards ensures lightweight durability.
- Integrated becket allows for direct connection of mechanical advantage systems.
- The only 10.5-11.5-mm-rope-diameter-compatible device compliant with NFPA 1983 (GRated), ANSI Z359.4 and EN 12841/C, 341/2A, and 15151/8 (up to 200m/240kg).
- The CLUTCH and CMC’s G11™ Lifeline can be used together to build NFPA G rated systems using 11-mm rope, saving space and reducing weight.
For more information, visit https://www.cmcpro.com/clutch.