OCALA, FL—E-ONE, a subsidiary of REV Group and a leading manufacturer of fire apparatus, delivers a 95-Platform truck to the Boston Fire Department.
The E-ONE 95-Platform was customized to fit the specific needs of Boston Fire Department. From the heavy-duty tapered steel channel front bumper to the shortened rear overhang, the truck has been designed for the tight city streets of Boston.
Lieutenant James B. O’Brien of the Boston Fire Department spoke about the challenges of finding the right truck: “The sometimes difficult-to-achieve goal of getting a truck that works reliably, day-in and day-out, while increasing our capability on the fire ground, has been realized in these trucks.”
The features of the E-ONE 95-Platform include:
- E-ONE Cyclone® cab with a narrow body style of approximately 96” wide
- Cummins ISX 500 HP engine and Allison transmission
- Integral torque box chassis for solid foundation
- Three-section extruded aluminum 92-foot vertical reach platform with tapered corners
- 2.5 to 1 structural safety factor – exceeding NFPA requirements by 25%
- Advanced Aerial Control System with body protection
- 13’8” jack spread from crisscross under-slung outriggers
- Shortened rear body overhang with inset turntable access steps
- Heavy-duty 4” square tube rear bumper
“A unique feature that has greatly improved deploy-ability on the fireground, is the jacking system, and the aerial itself,” said Lieutenant O’Brien. “With narrow parameters for set up – like parked cars on narrow streets, we need aerials that can be relied on to get into operation every time. This aerial system can perform the long and low angle ‘throws’ typical of use in many neighborhoods, at full extension. Such capability represents a big increase in our ability to use it at fires. And that’s when we need it to perform.”
“It’s exciting to work with a city like Boston to take elements from their Metro 100 and apply them to the 95-Platform,” said Joe Hedges, E-ONE Product Manager. “This is a great product for city applications due to its physical size, maneuverability and jack spread of only 13’8”.”
For more information, visit www.e-one.com.