Honeywell will unveil new technological developments and enhancements to its firefighter turnout gear, wireless gas detection, and firefighter personal protective equipment at FDIC International 2019 and will demonstrate how these innovations can help increase efficiency and safety on the fireground. The company will exhibit a broad range of first responder products, services and solutions at Booth 1910 at the Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC) International April 11-13 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis.
Products that will be featured include:
- Newly-tested particulate blocking solutions that offer head-to-toe protection for firefighters against toxic particulates.
- Proprietary heat release liner technology for its popular Morning Pride® TAILSTM that allows heat to escape and air to circulate after a firefighting incident.
- FIRST Asset and Care Management System software, newly enhanced for tracking, cleaning, inspecting and maintaining personal protective equipment.
- Set and Forget Escape Belt, a variation on the company’s current escape belt, that is easier to use and reduces wear and tear on pants.
- Honeywell Thermal Liner with Nomex® Nano. Lightweight and 40% thinner than other liners, minimizing heat transfer from the firefighting environment to the body.
- Advanced monitoring technology and system for fire service incident command, featuring the AreaRAE Pro wireless, multi-threat monitor and software from Honeywell RAE Systems. Equipped with more than 20 sensors to improve situational awareness and response, this multi-threat detection package provides real-time visibility into toxic, combustible and exotic gases, radiation, gas plume pathway, temperature, humidity and more.
In addition, Honeywell will welcome 20 firefighters at FDIC through its unique, all-expenses-paid scholarship program, now in its fifth consecutive year and co-sponsored by DuPont Safety and Construction. Two graduates of the program will serve as instructors at this year’s event.
“Our technological innovations, along with our continuing support of a grassroots scholarship program that has advanced the skills and leadership of many firefighters around North America, reflect Honeywell’s ongoing commitment to offer the safest, most effective, advanced solutions that protect the health and safety of those who valiantly serve our communities on today’s fireground,” said Tom Rozema, general manager, Honeywell First Responder Products and Gas Detection.
Honeywell First Responder Products is a division of Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS) provides products, software and connected solutions that improve productivity, workplace safety and asset performance for our customers across the globe. We deliver on this promise through industry-leading mobile devices, software, cloud technology and automation solutions, the broadest range of personal protective equipment and gas detection technology, and custom-engineered sensors, switches and controls. We also manufacture and sell a broad portfolio of footwear for work, play and outdoor activities, including XtraTufTM and Muck BootTM brand footwear.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.