Honeywell First Responder Products and DuPont Safety & Construction (DuPont) have awarded 20 first responders with all-expenses paid scholarships to attend the Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC) International in Indianapolis, April 8-13, 2019.
The firefighting industry’s premier training event and technology showcase, FDIC International teaches firefighters the latest tools, techniques and technology for succeeding on the fireground, with a special emphasis on personal development and team safety practices. Firefighters choose from more than 200 classes and workshops, attend evening social events and network with peers.
“Honeywell in partnership with DuPont is pleased to offer this scholarship to the brave men and women who have not only demonstrated exemplary service on the fireground but who also have shown a keen desire to teach others in the fire service,” said Tom Rozema, general manager of Honeywell First Responder. “As a result of FDIC training, scholarship recipients can return to their communities inspired and full of freshly acquired knowledge that they share with their fellow firefighters. In this way, the scholarship is a true grass-roots program; it has a multiplier effect in helping thousands of firefighters advance their skills. The scholarship develops fire service leaders — in fact, two of this year’s instructors are graduates of the scholarship program.”
“We join Honeywell in welcoming the 2019 scholarship recipients, and we remain honored to be a part of this important program as DuPont continues to help firefighters receive advanced training to continue their professional development,” said John Richard, vice president and general manager for DuPont™ Kevlar® and Nomex®.
Now in its fifth year, Honeywell founded the scholarship to encourage accelerated leadership development and advanced training for best-of-breed firefighters, emergency medical and HAZmat personnel in North America; DuPont has co-sponsored the scholarship since 2016. More than 100 first responders have graduated from the program and many of these have gone on to lead departmental and regional training programs, become community advocates or industry spokespeople.
This year’s scholarship recipients include:
- Martin (Marty) Redovan; Cape Coral Fire Dept.; Cape Coral, FL
- Greg Ceisner; Raleigh Fire Dept.; Clayton, NC
- Daniel Colburn; Cobb County Fire & Emergency Services; Kennesaw, GA
- Lindsay Judah; Clermont Fire Dept.; Clermont, FL
- Evan Kutzin; Old Tappan Fire Dept.; Emerson, NJ
- Aleta Stadel; Charlotte County Fire & EMS; FL Arcadia
- Alexander (Alex) Greczylo; Danbury Fire Dept.; Norwalk, CT
- Jeff Booher; Kissimmee Fire Dept.; Longwood, FL
- Salvatore Ancona; Bellmore Fire Dept.; Bellmore, NY
- Ryan Marlar; Moore Fire Dept.; Moore, OK
- Chris Carter; Clayton Fire Dept.; Clayton, NC
- Casey Jones; Little Rock Fire Dept.; Mabelvale, AR
- Christopher Bator; Coral Springs/Parkland Fire Rescue; Coral Springs, FL
- Jon Bertsch; Cheyenne Fire Rescue; Cheyenne, WY
- Dena Adkins; Skagit County Fire District 6; Burlington, WA
- Tucker Holt; Sanford Maine Fire Dept.; Sanford, ME
- Crystal Elliott; McCutchanville Fire Dept.; Evansville, IN
- Jeremy D. Peek; Straight Mountain VFR; Oneonta, AL
- Michael Lanning; Scotch Irish Fire Dept.; Cleveland, NC
- Lisa Hanover; Virginia Fire Dept.; Virginia, MN
Honeywell First Responder is an industry leader in firefighter turnout gear, with more than 75 percent of the 20 largest metropolitan fire departments in north America using its First Responder products from Honeywell. Honeywell First Responder is part of Honeywell Industrial Safety, which provides comprehensive solutions to help organizations manage workplace safety, including personal protection gear for a worker’s eyes, ears and heads, respiratory protection, software and toxic gas monitors.
About DuPont Safety & Construction
DuPont Safety & Construction, a DowDuPont Specialty Products Division business, is a global leader in products and solutions that protect what matters – people, structures and the environment – and enables its customers to win through unique capabilities, global scale and iconic brands including Corian®, Kevlar®, Nomex®, Tyvek®, Styrofoam™ and Filmtec®.
About DowDuPont Specialty Products Division
DowDuPont Specialty Products, a division of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), is a global innovation leader with technology-based materials, ingredients and solutions that help transform industries and everyday life. Our employees apply diverse science and expertise to help customers advance their best ideas and deliver essential innovations in key markets including electronics, transportation, building and construction, health and wellness, food and worker safety. DowDuPont intends to separate the Specialty Products Division, which will be called DuPont, into an independent, publicly traded company. More information can be found at www.dow-dupont.com.