Alpharetta, GA—Metcam has announced that TramBed 2.0, its patented commercial truck bed extension, will soon be available on the Truck Candy Web site. Although Truck Candy sells internationally, its headquarters are U.S.-based in Glendale, Arizona.
TramBed, which was introduced in 2015, is an aftermarket, slide-out truck bed with welded, adjustable, power-coated legs. With a TramBed installed in the factory truck bed, operators enjoy a convenient in-field work surface that places all their machinery and materials within easy reach. They can also transport up to 2,000 pounds of cargo in the TramBed and slide it out for quick access with complete stability and support. Metcam recently unveiled TramBed 2.0, an enhanced version available at a lower price thanks to the economies of fabricating a mature product.
Key features of TramBed 2.0 include:
- Heavy-duty construction includes an all stainless steel deck and factory-welded, powder-painted extension rails and legs.
- The easy-slide extension’s specialized design reduces the potential for finger-pinching and ensures the tram extension remains in a controlled position.
- The TramBed extension is 20 percent longer than the typical truck bed extender.
- TramBed is also optimal for use with a forklift, because loads do not have to be “evenly distributed” as they do for typical truck bed extensions.
- The base model is designed for a standard (eight-foot) truck bed, with versions available for other bed lengths.
- Shipping in the continental U.S.A. is included in the price.
- Units arrive completely preassembled and ready for rapid installation.
For more information, visit www.metcam.com.