SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – General Dynamics C4 Systems’ new GeoSuite™ family of interactive software enables first responders, search and rescue workers, field agents and others to map, analyze and share vital information in response to disasters or as part of their daily work task. Operating individually or connected to a public or commercial network, GeoSuite enables workers to share real-time or historical information, data and intelligence with other users collaborating as part of a local assignment, or a widespread, global operation.
Key features include:
- “Live” tracking of people, places and events as well as access to information stored for later use
- Works effectively while connected or disconnected to commercial or private networks
- Highly intuitive, easy-to-learn user interface trains workers in minutes
- Event markers and symbols from the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and U.S. Department of Defense are cataloged and accessible
- Bandwidth management to efficiently use precious communications bandwidth
- GeoSuite is available in versions configured for use in operations centers, vehicles, laptops, tablets and smart phones
- Internationally exportable as a commercial product
For additional information or to order GeoSuite call 800-441-1309 (United States) or +44 2476 714800 (international). A limited time, no-cost trial Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription is available for qualified customers.