Regarding current hot topics in this market, Lauffenburger says, “The hottest water flow topics we have seen in the industry currently are low-pressure nozzles and CAFS.”
That said, he acknowledges the current changes the fire service faces that present challenges to implementing various technologies.
“The obvious change which has effected many of the manufacturers is fire department funding,” he says. “But, we have also seen a trend into how can the fire departments be more effective and efficient with fewer firefighters while still maintaining a level of safety.”
- CAFS: The Evolution and Current Advantages – Dan White
- High-Rise Tactical Firefighting in the 21st Century – Michael Wielgat
- The Trend Toward Multiresponse Fire Apparatus – Paul Christansen
- Situation Safety: Lighting, Controls, and Robotics – Rick Fix
- Keynote: Can NFPA Standards and Engineering Advancements Influence Human
- Behavior Enough to Enhance Firefighter Safety? – William Peters
- Apparatus Trends – Michael Moore
- Aerials: The Short and the Long of It – George Logan, Jr.