Black Diamond Footwear said its X2 boot, which will be introduced at the Fire Department Instructors Conference this month, combines the latest advancements in footwear and fire industry innovations.
• Calf-Fit System that accommodates larger calfs and provides maximum comfort and fit.
• CROSSTECH membrane with Omaha lining, a high performance, wicking fabric originally developed for aggressive military applications.
• Stitch-down Stroble lining construction, ensuring no liner pullout.
• Ortholite Footbed tri-density, multi-fit, removable footbed with TPU heel cradle for comfort and shock absorption. It is anti-odor, anti-fungal and breathable.
• Three-point heel lock and ankle guard system for better fit and protection.
• Fusion Upper, a alloy of solution dye Nomex/Kevlar and Teflon F.P.P.E. that combines the durability of Nomex, the strength and abrasion resistance of Kevlar and water resistance of patented Teflon F.P.P.E.
• Built-in boot jack, provides easy-on, easy-off capability.