BEAVERTON, OR—CAD Zone, Inc., introduces EASY PLAN, a new concept in pre-fire diagramming software that enables fire service personnel to create accurate, detailed diagrams from satellite photos in five minutes or less. A special tool for locating and importing satellite photos is combined with features for outlining critical structures, placing text and dimensions, and adding pre-drawn symbols on top of the aerial view.
With EASY PLAN, users can obtain recent satellite images via Microsoft® Bing Maps by simply entering an address or building name. These satellite images are geo-referenced, so accurate measurements can be obtained from them. Using the aerial image as a background, the pre-fire diagram is drawn on top of it.
Other features include:
- Locate satellite images of any area, zoom and pan them to get a specific view.
- Fade photos to reduce opacity of background images.
- Use the basic drawing and editing tools to outline buildings and other key features.
- Add notes and arrows to draw attention to details.
- Select and place pre-drawn symbols on top of the satellite image to show hydrants, FDC, doors, sprinkler systems, and other items.
- Place dimensions and take accurate measurements from the aerial image.
- Place borders and forms around the diagram.
EASY PLAN diagrams can be incorporated into First Look Pro, CAD Zone’s pre-fire plan organizer software, for access on a mobile computer. EASY PLAN diagrams also are fully compatible with The Fire Zone, CAD Zone’s premier diagramming program for creating detailed floor plan and 3D site diagrams.
For more information, visit www.cadzone.com.